Interview with Dr. C, author of Shopping for a Lighter Cross

ABOUT SHOPPING FOR A LIGHTER CROSS

  9781475996821_COVER_FQA.indd
Title: Shopping for a Lighter Cross
Genre: Biography
Author: Dr. C
Publisher: iUniverse
Pages: 64
Language: English
ISBN - 978-1-47599-682-1

  Everyone has life’s challenges and can face them with fear or with trust. I choose to look at them as experiences where God blessed me with His curve balls thrown in. These curve balls are not the negative, painful or abusive life experiences that I have lived through, but rather the unexpected, blessings, gifts, and graces God threw in to help me through the experiences. I believe that these curve balls were given so that I can witness to His great and awesome presence in and through the experiences, the people in those experiences and in myself as living through and surviving the experiences as a better, not bitter human being.

Purchase your copy:

iuniverse

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

It is a book that offers hope to anyone that is experiencing abuse or painful life experiences as a victim. It is a book that recognizes the presence and unexpected curve balls from God and that these are good and not negative. I have written the book so that I can continue to be healed and others can begin the healing process by recognizing that they are not alone, that they are victims, that their experiences are not their fault, but more importantly that they are unconditionally loved by God. I wrote the book to witness to what forgiveness can do, and how through the grace of God one can become whole, healed, truly free and genuinely happy.  It is a book that calls me to be true to myself and encourages others to do the same and this means speaking the truth no matter what and trusting that it will set you free.

What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

Time…At the time I was writing the book I was working full time, volunteering and most importantly completing my Doctoral studies.

Do you plan subsequent books?

Not at this time. I do not consider myself a writer. If God calls me to write I will, but I don’t have any plans at this time.

When and why did you begin writing?

Approximately 5 years ago when I felt the call to share my story, I began to write what I remembered and tried to put my memories in some form of order.  After that, then I knew that it was time to take the next step and write the book.

What is your greatest strength as an author?

The ability to express my thoughts in writing.

Did writing this book teach you anything?

Yes, that I definitely need editorial assistance and that I am farther in the healing process then I thought I was.

ABOUT DR. C

The author lives in Aston, Pennsylvania with her husband John, their golden retriever Clover and their two cats: Duchess and Graygray. Dr. C is a Pastoral Associate/Spiritual Director for a Catholic parish in Delaware County and John works for the Federal Government. Dr. C graduated with her Doctorate in Ministry degree in May 2013.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.