Interview with Becky J, author of Ghost Sanctuary

ABOUT GHOST SANCTUARY

  Ghost Sanctuary
Title: Ghost Sanctuary
Genre: Non-fiction paranormal/occult
Author: Becky J
Publisher: AuthorHouse
Pages: 166
Language: English
ISBN - 978-1-49180-336-3

Ghost Sanctuary is a factual accounting of a family’s struggle with ghosts living in their home. The book explains in detail the happenings faced by the family and their reaction to the invasion of the spirit realm into their own. The book contains fascinating photo and video evidence of what the family has and continues to experience. The author identifies how her own belief in God and the afterlife has helped her to overcome and understand the trials and tribulations of her family’s ordeal.

Purchase your copy:

authorhouse

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it? 

My inspiration for writing this book was from a heartfelt desire to help and share information with people who were being haunted, visited or tormented by ghosts in their home.  I knew we had an unusual situation at hand and help was difficult to find.  To make sense of the situation, I started documenting the events in the home as they occurred by writing and videos.  This helped me get a grasp on the situation and to prove to myself, family and friends that we were not crazy but were experiencing something unexplainable.

What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it? 

The time commitment, video analysis and documentation released on YouTube and included in the book.   The book writing activities took an enormous time away from family, friends and normal life activities.  It was also hard to "let go" of the book and release it for publication because I had spent so much time on the project.

Do you plan subsequent books? 

Possibly children's books in the future. The material would be about horses and ranch life. It is also possible that I may write a sequel to Ghost Sanctuary depending on the response to the book.

When and why did you begin writing? 

I learned to write at work and was responsible for much of the written documentation produced by my department.  I have always wanted to write a book but wanted to write children stories.  This book came out from a desire to document and understand why we were being haunted and what to do about it.

What is your greatest strength as an author?  

Staying committed to the task of writing the book and following it through to the end.

Did writing this book teach you anything? 

Yes. While writing my book I slowly came to the realization that I was obsessed with trying to find out why we had entities in the house. I watched every haunted 7V show for two years thinking I would find the answers I was searching for.  In fact, I was on one of the 7V shows in 2013 telling our story.  Then one morning I started praying and during that soulful prayer realized that I was chasing ghosts when I should have been depending on God. I realized that God put these entities in my home to teach me a lesson about belief and faith in Him.  It is with that faith in God that I found my answers and that these entities can be controlled and expelled from my home. It is absolutely phenomenal to have the peace and joy that comes with knowing that God will control things I do not understand and keep me safe from harm.

ABOUT BECKY J

Becky J. is an equestrian lover and spends her days in Western activities, teaching, riding, training, and breeding horses. For more information about her unusual nonfiction tale, please visit www.GhostSanctuary.com.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.