Interview with Cheri DeGroot, author of Dear Friend

ABOUT DEAR FRIEND

   
Title: Dear Friend Genre: Non-fiction humanities Author: Cheri DeGroot Publisher: iUniverse Pages: 60 Language: English ISBN – 978-1-44016-146-9   Are you looking for a way to meet new people from all over the world, make new friends, and help others? The solution is simple and affordable—become a pen pal. In Dear Friend, author Cheri DeGroot shares the joys and rewards of becoming a pen pal and provides tips on sharing friendships through handwritten letters. Based on fifty-three years of personal experience as a pen pal, DeGroot details how her lifelong passion for pen palling began and how her friendships with people from all over the United States have helped her through life’s good and bad times. This guide demonstrates the positive aspects of pen palling—from sharing news of family, hobbies and emotions to expanding their knowledge by learning about different cultures and different people. Stressing the importance of communication, Dear Friend reveals how becoming a pen pal can help those who are lonely to find friendship, love, and happiness through the power of the written word.

Purchase your copy:

iuniverse

Could you please tell us a little about your book?

 The topic of my book Dear Friend is about pen palling and journaling. How I started pen palling, and how I started journaling in different ways. Sharing different pen pal views on pen palling. I learned about pen palling and journaling from my own experiences in my life. I started at the age of ten. And now I am 68 years young and still running two pen pal clubs. I love pen palling it’s my work and being an author.

Who or what is the inspiration behind this book?

I wrote this book to help inspire others to make a change in their lives, by learning to communicate by handwritten letters or now chatting on the computer, or talking on the phone. They have choices today, which I didn’t have growing up. Writing letters is more personal when you open your mailbox you have email from friends and not just bills or no mail at all. Letters from others makes you happy and excited it just makes your day.

What cause are you most passionate about and why?

I am passionate about my writing, because when I write my mind is clear and the words just come out what I want to write down a paper.

Do you have any rituals you follow when you finish a piece of work?

Yes I have a good ritual I feel I did a good job and jump for joy that I accomplished it on my own. Feeling good about yourself is very important when you are a writed.

Who has influenced you throughout your writing career?

I had a lot of help doing my writing career, my family, husbands, friends, relatives they all supported me and gave me the encouragement to go ahead with my dream of writing.

What are some of your long term goals?

I would like to write another book like a sequel to my Dear friend book in the near future, as all my pen pals friends keep asking me when im going to do it.

ABOUT CHERI DEGROOT

Cheri DeGroot loves writing letters and journals of her life. Pen palling helps her make new friendships by reaching out through written letters and by computer. DeGroot has initiated several pen pal clubs. She has three grown children and seven grandchildren and lives in Milverton, Ontario, with her husband, Joe.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.