Interview with Eve Picquette, author of 'Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships'



Eve Picquette has been looking for love, joy and fun all her life. Along the way she has had lots of experiences - some with more fun than others! A licensed attorney, she served as director of risk and quality management at hospital corporations in California and Arizona for thirty years. She is also a certified NLP life coach, matrix, EFT and Angel Therapy practitioner. Eve Picquette received her MSN in community mental health at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, and her Juris Doctor from the University of California, Davis.

Author of Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships: 10 Shift Keys -What Your Angels Have Been Trying to Tell You for Centuries and companion Mini Meditation MP3's, she lives in Arizona, and her present happy work is teaching and advising clients regarding having more love and joy in personal and business relationships.
For More Information
About the Book:

Title: Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships: 10 Shift Keys – What Your Angels Have Been Trying to Tell You for Centuries
Author: Eve Picquette
Publisher: Enchanted Eve, Inc.
Pages: 78
Genre:
Self Help/Inspiration
Format: Paperback

How many times have you read or seen something that made you want to change your life and relationships – but you didn’t know how? Introduced by two angels, Hope and Impatience, Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships: 10 Shift Keys - What Your Angels Have Been Trying to Tell You for Centuries answers the “how” question. Eve Picquette shows readers how to:

·        Open their hearts to love
·        Shift their lives, using 10 keys—how-to-do-it ideas created with the help of angels of inspiration—to change in real and satisfying ways.

In this lighthearted, uplifting, and beautifully illustrated gift book, each chapter opens with images of the author’s angels and quotes she believes were angel-inspired sometime in history. Readers may also download companion MP3 Mini Meditations available on Amazon.com. They are “Dared to Shift” their thoughts and behaviors and these shifts will improve lives and relationships: • Shift 1: Always Connect to Love • Shift 2: Just Stop It, Really • Shift 3: It’s All About You • Shift 4: It’s Not About You • Shift 5: Give Up on the Past • Shift 6: Expect the Best Future • Shift 7: Appreciate Everything Now • Shift 8: Re-Choose Your Relationships • Shift 9: Handle Conflict with Grace • Shift 10: Love So it Can be Felt.

If you are ready to try these simple shifts, the results will amaze you. Every encouraging and comforting word in this beautifully illustrated self-help book will lead you to the path of peace, happiness, and fulfillment. A treasure to own, it would also serve as a thoughtful, caring, and loving gift.

For More Information

  • Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships: 10 Shift Keys – What Your Angels Have Been Trying to Tell You for Centuries is available at Amazon.
  • Watch the book trailer at YouTube.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

As an attorney, I have always done a lot of writing, so that part was easy.

I did not intend to write a book in the beginning. I just wanted some answers for myself.  I always wanted to live the Prayer of St. Francis – “…let me sow love… where there is darkness, light….” I wanted to feel happy and have happy relationships – but I could not consistently maintain either.  I always know that there are solutions to everything, if I can only find them.  I wanted to know why my life was not working very well, and what would work.  The book is the result of my life-long search.  Since my angels inspired me to hope and keep looking for answers, I wanted to use angels of inspiration as my theme.  Once the artist finished the paintings of the angels – It turned into a book that just had to be finished!

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

I usually write when there is something jumping up and down wanting to be put on the page, so the writing was not hard.  The delays have been caused by self-doubt, and the obsession to make the book better – to fix something, make a point more clearly, or to add one more thing of value.  

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?      

I self-published with Amazon’s Create Space.  I love design and wanted to have control over the cover, angel illustrations, and the layout, font and fleuron choice.  I did not want to go through the submission and rejection that traditional publishing entails. (Of course, what I was really worried about was never getting an acceptance, at all!)  The enticement of having my book on Amazon was irresistible.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

There is an amazing amount of information available on the Internet for writers.  In addition, you must have discrimination to avoid buying into every new idea or marketing ploy. Each is cleverly designed to convince you that you must have it- if you are ever to achieve literary success!  I, unfortunately, was convinced a few too many times!

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

I am beginning my next book, which is about continuing to step into the light, even if you feel like you are in the “dark night of the soul”.  Sometimes when we think we are finally in the light – life zaps us back into the dark.  This book is about what I found works to “get out of the dark” in which we sometimes find ourselves.  It will be done in early 2015.

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?

I am a mix of “all is well” romantic and practical pragmatist.  To keep my feet on the ground, I love the posts of Barry Ritholtz – The Big Picture.  He hits so many topics of finance and world economics as well as a fascinating array of other interests.  I also like to be jolted by people who can see things from a different view, perhaps, than the main stream.  So I have enjoyed Timothy Ferris’ books and blog as well as Ryan Holiday, author of The Obstacle is the Way.  I find Ramit Sethi’s Brain Trust interviews exceptional, as well.  When I really want to laugh, I love political cartoons from any side of the street!

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

Love is the answer, but don’t mix it up with being an unselfish martyr  - and -
There are simple tools that miraculously fix some of the automatic things we do (learned in childhood) that keep us unhappy and our relationships unfulfilling!

Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

There is always hope for something more, no matter where you are in your life.
I try to live by the Winston Churchill quote – Never, never, never give up.
Thank You!  Eve Picquette

No comments

Powered by Blogger.