Interview with Ruby Lee Tuesday, author of Better Believe A Story of Hope


Title: Better Believe
Author: Ruby Lee Tuesday
Publisher: Trafford
Pages: 132
Genre: Biography
Format: Ebook
 Purchase at AMAZON

 Ruby Lee Tuesday was born to be her father’s property. Trapped in an abusive home where only perfect was good enough for the devil, Ruby attempted to distract herself from his ways through her music, poetry, art, and most importantly, her faith in God. Tuesday shares a heartbreaking story of childhood trauma as she bravely pursued her dreams, despite living with parents who seemed determined to destroy her, both physically and emotionally. While providing a riveting look into the ways of an abuser, Tuesday details how her mistreatment eventually caused her to lose her faith, embark on a path of self-destruction, and succumb to panic attacks and depression. But through it all, Tuesday somehow managed to find solace and an escape in her music, ultimately leaving everything behind and bravely following her dream all the way from Norway to Nashville, Tennessee, where she would find faith once again. Better Believe is a story of determination, passion, betrayal, friendship, and hope as one woman journeys from the darkness of abuse into the light of healing where she learns to believe in herself for the first time.

  amazon

Can we start out by telling us whether you are published for the first time or are you multi-published?

This is the first time I write a book and it is the first time I publish a book.

When you were published for the first time, which route did you go – mainstream, small press, vanity published or self-published and why or how did you choose this route?

I chose to go Self-published because I had the means to do so.

How long did it take you to get published once you signed the contract?

I wrote and published this book within 1 year, 2014.

How did it make you feel to become published for the first time and how did you celebrate? 

My feelings were a little mixed when I published this book. On one hand I was very proud that I had finally voiced my story and thereby broken out of a bondage of silence. I also felt as if I did something wrong when I told my story, you see everything that happened within our family was to never be told. We never talked about it, just let it happen. So when I now tell my story I kind of break the number one rule of all domestic violence families, namely not to talk about it. My sister didn’t like it at all so she has, as far as my knowledge goes, pressed charges against me in Norway to have the book withdrawn from the market. So as far as celebrating it I kind of struggled with the whole thing and the celebration I have yet to look forward to. But in my heart I am very proud that I dared to voice my story and to keep moving toward my final goal in life, to record and release my album “…butAlive!!!” as LadyLoveRebel. And I am working on the album now. So as far as further goals in life, I am still focusing on reaching this one. My story and my music.

What was the first thing you did as for as promotion when you were published for the first time?

I promoted in on my web page www.ladyloverebel.com and I also made agreements with Trafford to market and promote my book.

Ruby Lee Tuesday has spent years on healing both physically and spiritually. She is a poet, singer, and songwriter who plays a variety of instruments. Ruby left Norway in 2013 to pursue her dreams in Nashville, Tennessee. This is her first book.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.