Book Review: How To Overcome Insomnia All By Yourself by Antoinetta Vogels #bookreview

 



 


Title: HOW TO OVERCOME INSOMNIA ALL BY YOURSELF
Author: Antoinetta Vogels
Publisher: Balboa Press
Pages: 163
Genre: Self-Help

BOOK BLURB:

It’s time for bed. You’re tired, but you know you’ll be tossing and turning for hours to come. At dawn, you fall into a deep sleep, but it’s short-lived. Long before you’re ready, your alarm clock mercilessly informs you that it’s time to get up.

After decades of nights like this, Antoinetta Vogels unraveled the enigma of her sleeping problem and restored her ability to get a good night’s sleep.

In her newest book, How to Overcome Insomnia All by Yourself, Antoinetta reveals how to become a healthy sleeper through self-knowledge and her own self-healing method.

Taking examples from her own life and firsthand experience with this sleep disorder, Antoinetta explores the childhood circumstances that can lead to unhealthy motivation, approval-seeking behavior, and chronic insomnia in adulthood. She offers practical advice, tools, and techniques for healing the wounds of the past so you can enjoy a future full of joy, healthy relationships, and restful sleep.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3oN9WfC

Author’s Website → https://bit.ly/3oRUFKp





This book was so up my alley. I have a horrible case of insomnia and HOW TO OVERCOME INSOMNIA ALL BY YOURSELF by Antoinetta Vogels was so enlightening and helpful and such an eye opener, pardon the pun!

Yeah yeah I take sleeping pills and hope in the long run they don't create a bigger problem and that's what this book is all about - dissing the pills that the doctors love to prescribe because they have no other methods to suggest and finding ways to help you sleep by looking inside yourself.


I was able to heal myself because I finally came to understand what lay at the root of my insomnia, which ultimately showed me the reasons why I did pretty much everything in my life. It was all about getting acknowledgment. I needed to feel like I mattered, to feel that I was of value instead of a source of problems, instability, and worries. I hope my story releases something inside you that empowers you to reclaim your own life too. I hope that through understanding how things worked for me, you will be motivated to work toward getting to know yourself better. Eventually, it will lead you to going to bed with peace of mind, secure in the knowledge that you will sleep well.

In Vogels' book, she says "Sleeping issues can, therefore, be seen as a symptom of self-sabotage..." When I first started reading the book, I couldn't figure out how this related to insomnia. Surely everyone has issues, right? Did anyone come from a fantastic stressfree childhood? How could I come to grips with the stressors of my past to be able to go to sleep in my adulthood without having to resort to sleeping pills? 

So basically it's a mind over matter thing and that's what this book is all about.

I never believed a book could get me off sleeping pills. I read it, then applied the principles and voila. Not that I don't have a few nights here and there where I can't go to sleep as fast as I want to, but HOW TO OVERCOME INSOMNIA ALL BY YOURSELF definitely set me on the right path. 

I give it five gold stars! 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.