Interview with Jannette Fuller, author of 'Transgression'


Jannette Fuller loves spending time with the Lord and her family. She's a fangirl of everything lovely, and always tries to see the best in everyone, except for the villains in her YA series Ambrosial Acres.

When she’s not blogging or writing her latest article, she listens to sermons while sweating away unwanted calories, cleans the house until it sparkles, laughs at the silliest things, and enjoys the outdoors, especially her daily walks through the enchanted forest.

Of course there’s more to be said, but then her bio would end up being a memoir.

For More Information
About the Book:

Title: Transgression (Book One of Ambrosial Acres Series)
Author: Jannette Fuller
Publisher: Solstice Publishing
Pages: 186
Genre: YA/Mystery/Suspense




Agent Yagil faces the fight of his calling as a Guardian Angel. His newest assignment is going to take every bit of perseverance and patience he has.
 
Seventeen year old Amber Reynolds is looking for some freedom and independence from her rigid lifestyle. Going behind her parents’ back, she takes a part-time job at the renowned inn located within Ambrosial Acres.

As Agent Yagil watches over Amber, he discovers things are not what they seem. Despite its wondrous beauty, Ambrosial Acres hides a dark and supernatural secret.

Between Amber’s new coworker crushes, her menacing stalker, a mysterious online stranger, and the evil agents out to lead her down a path of self destruction, Agent Yagil struggles to keep her safe. To keep her from using her freewill that will bring harm to herself--and others.

Will Agent Yagil succeed?

Or will his shortcomings get in the way?

Transgression is available at Amazon.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book? 
Coming up with Transgression (Book One in the Ambrosial Acres Series) wasn’t an idea, but rather a desire to portray what the Bible has to say concerning spiritual warfare. I wanted to show what it looks like when a person gives in to sin whether they realize it or not. In Transgression, seventeen-year-old Amber Reynolds is being persuaded by evil forces—the agents of disobedience, lust, deception, and fear. They latch onto her in the form of spiritual chains, and every time she gives in to those particular sins, they spiral upward, gaining more dominance over her soul.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers? 

The story was extremely hard to write. One, I’ve never taken a creative writing class. Two, English was never a strong suit of mine. Three, I had no idea where to begin. The only thing I knew how to do was pull up Microsoft Word. Seriously, it’s true. I thank God for Google. The Internet has a wealth of information to help people—people who want to learn more about the craft and the publishing industry. Writer’s Digest was an eyeopener, and I’m grateful for all the helpful articles and forums. I made a good friend there who showed me the ropes, teaching me the basics of writing and stringing words together. I learned a lot from her, and even had the honor to beta read many of her stories. Thank you Tetonia Blossom. You rock!

After reading the entire Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer in a month an unexpected passion ignited. I was currently taking online classes through Liberty University, but the sudden love of books and writing led me down another path—I wanted to become a writer.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish? 

My publisher is Solstice Publishing. I found them by searching for publishing houses who accept unagented authors and unsolicited submissions. I’m so grateful to have found them. They’re quick to respond, thorough with their answers, and all around wonderful to work with.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published? 

Besides writing my very first query letter that turned out pretty decent, I’d have to say the instantaneous response I received from Solstice after submitting to them. The next day, I received a publishing contract. I was in shock. Not only did they accept my manuscript, but the entire process happened so fast. No complaints here.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published? 

I’m currently working on Delusion (Book Two in the Ambrosial Acres Series). Hopefully the second book will be published a year after Transgression releases on October 21st 2106.

Q: What’s one fact about your book that would surprise people? 

That it took me three years to write, rewrite and edit it. No thanks to my perfectionism and poor management of time. But don’t let this scare you, I’ve come a long way. Now I know how to balance family, writing, and everything else in life. I’m relieved and grateful to have an amazing editor who acts as my second pair of eyes, catching things I tend to overlook, making suggestions to improve my writing.

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book? 

The importance of our decisions. It’s imperative what we sow because a harvest will follow. Temptations come at us in many forms, and we should always be aware, avoiding possible snares.  
 
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words? 

I do. If you have a passion to write, whether it’s books, articles, blog posts, a memoir...there are certain elements that need to be implemented to ensure a completed manuscript/goal. Perseverance, consistency and patience are the keys of taking your vision of creativity and turning them into tangible masterpieces.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.