So I had to say something. Now I love this blogger so I won't mention names but I wanted to help. I just happened to ask him where his sharing buttons were and this is his reply (it's darling, isn't it?):
" I hate to admit it but I have no idea of what you are referring to. I have the feeling that I need to have these buttons that you speak of but I am a lost puppy. Please help I need all the wisdom that you can provide and then I will put these buttons on my blog."
Woot! Instead of getting irritated at me, he wanted to learn!
Since I had just put up a blog at Blogger for a paranormal romance book we'll be releasing soon, I hadn't gotten around to putting up sharing buttons so I thought I'd write down the instructions instead of telling him to go to a certain site and it'll walk you through it.
So here it is for Blogger:
1. I use ShareThis.com. I know there might be others but I have had success with this for years and it's super easy.
2. Once you're on the ShareThis website, you will be given options to choose which blogging platform you use. I chose Blogger and clicked it.
3. Next up I need to pick a style. I think they gave you a few examples and I just clicked on the one I liked the best.
4. Next up is customize - small or large icons, for me I chose large because it was different and I liked it. Then you choose the services you want. There are 3 boxes. The one to the left I wanted all of them so I left that alone. The box to the top right gives you more and I chose Google+, Identi.ca and StumbleUpon but you can choose which ones you like the best. The last box "Other Social Plugins" I really didn't need or want any so I hit FINISH.
5. Next up is a Code and Instructions box - I chose Direct Post.
6. Hit GO.
7. Once you hit go, you end up on a Blogger page that says "Add Page Element." All you have to do here is choose the blog you want your icons to show up on. I have more than one blog but I wanted these to go up on this new blog so I hit that.
8. Then, hit "Add Widget."
9. That will take you to your "Layout" page. I see the widget has landed in one of my sidebars but you just ignore it. It's not going to show up in my sidebar but instead when I hit "view blog," there they are sitting pretty underneath all my blog posts.
10. Voila, you're done.
It couldn't be easier.