Interview with Nancy Henderson, author of Heart's Bondage

It is with great pleasure to interview an author who I totally admire. A writer of historical romances - HEART'S BONDAGE, BLACKBIRD and MAN OF HER DREAMS - Nancy Henderson is also a member of Romance Writers of America, Oklahoma Writers Federation Inc., Web Writing Women, World Romance Writers and Outreach International Romance Writers. For her, the worst part of writing is finishing a novel and having to say goodbye to her characters. Oh, how I can relate to that one!




INTERVIEW WITH NANCY HENDERSON:

When did your passion for writing begin?
I've always been a storyteller. I think I was born with that ability. I never started putting stories down on paper until my senior year of highschool.

Can you tell us what your typical “writing” day is like?
Typical is catching some writing time in between real life. I work full time, so I often write on my lunch hour and after work.

Can you tell us a little about HEART'S BONDAGE?
Believing she has killed Chance Stoker, the man who kept her in servitude for many years, Jessie McCrea flees to the frontier with her brother. Scarred both inside and outside, all she wants is a life of peace and solitude. A Mohawk warrior haunted by the past, his wounded heart closed to love, Shadow tries to keep his people from being destroyed during the war between the American colonists and the English. Catching up with Jessie, Chance shoots her and then leaves her to die alone in the woods. Near death, she is found by Shadow who reluctantly takes her back to his village. -- Can two wounded hearts find healing within love's web?

Who published your book and how has your experience with them been?
BLACKBIRD and HEART'S BONDAGE are both published by Dragonfly Publishing
http://www.dragonflypubs.com/ and MAN OF HER DREAMS will be published by Champagne Books, http://www.champagnebooks.com/ They have both been wonderful to work with and very professional.

Can you tell us the inspiration behind HEART'S BONDAGE?
I would have to say my love of history is my inspiration for all my books.

Can you tell us ways you are promoting your book? Have they been successful?
I've been doing signings and online chats. I also have a promotion article on my website at: http://www.nancyhenderson.com/

Who are your favorite authors and why do they inspire you?
I have so many it's hard to name them. I have to say Stephen King is my favorite. His basic take on "just sit down and write" really inspires me.

Do you have a mentor?
The world is my mentor.

What future projects do you have in the works?
I'm currently looking for an agent, and I'm writing a historical romance based in the Adirondack mountains.

What do you feel are the pros and cons of the publishing industry today?
I definitely feel the pros are the writing itself. The cons are the rejection. It's so hard so face sometimes, and people can become discouraged so easily. You definitely have to have a thick skin in this business.

Can you give aspiring authors words of advice towards getting published?
Never give up. Competition is tough, but keep submitting no matter what.

What’s one thing about your life that you think is important, but nobody asks?
Hmmm...that's a tough one, Dorothy. I guess to take life slowly. Don't be in such a rush all the time. I constantly have to tell myself to slow down. I'm always running around at the speed of light, and that's not what life is about. It's about relationships and being close to the people who are special in your life. When you look back at your life, what are you going to remember? The times you spent with your loved ones or how many errands you accomplished on your lunch hour?

Can you tell us where we can go to buy HEART'S BONDAGE?
My website: http://www.nancyhenderson.com/ and also any bookstore using the books' ISBN number which can be found on my site.

Thank you very much for your time, Nancy!
Thank you, Dorothy, for the interview!

# # #

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.