Interview with Alyice Edrich, Author of "Tid-Bits For Making Money With E-books"

Alyice Edrich is the author of several work-from-home e-books, including "Tid Bits For Making Money With E-books" where parents earn hundreds of dollars selling information they already possess.

Interview with Alyice Edrich:

Why did you decide to self-publish your book in e-book format?

In 1999 I did a lot of research to become a mobile notary, now called a Loan Document Signing Agent. Back then, there wasn't any printed material and I had to learn everything by trial and error. I joined a few messages boards where questions about getting started and frustrations about finding mentors abound. I knewI only wanted to work part-time as a mobile notary because I simply wanted it to get me out of the house for a few hours (I was a stay at home mom), but when I saw so many people having a hard time understanding the business and getting started, I took all my notes and compiled them into a book. At first, I printed bound copies at Kinkos and Office Depot, but then I began receiving requests to send the information over the Internet electronically. So I saved my word document as a pdf file and began manually emailing orders. Little did I realize back then, that I was actually publishing an e-book.

How did you compile your e-book?

There are many e-book compilers on the market, but after careful consideration, I chose Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional because anyone can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the e-book.

Many people look at book covers before buying a book, how does that come into play with e-books?

I think e-book covers are just as important as bookcovers. Covers should convey the overall concept of the book because graphics draw attention. However, you don't need a cover to sell your book and I do not include cover graphics in my .pdf file because manyInternet users are still on old computers and graphics the size of a cover make the file too large to download which causes stalling when downloading. My e-book covers were designed by a third-party, then shrunk and placed on my sales page.

Do you have any plans to expand into print books?

At this time, I have no intentions of self-publishing print books. I'd rather work hard to get a traditional publisher to handle that aspect of thebusiness. I had a friend who self-published and the work involved was far more than I care to get into at this time and the costs far outweigh my financial abilities (Costs like: printing, packaging, shipping, ISBN numbers, catalogs, storage, etc.); however, it's not written in stone.

After publishing this book as an electronic book, would you do it again? And what's the key to selling?

In a heartbeat! I have ten books in electronic format and have plans for several more.The key to selling copies of your book in electronic format is to find an area that is NOT already covered. I have a few e-books that were written at the same time others were writing similar books (unbeknownst to me). Those books are harder to sell. Not impossible mind you, but I have to work harder to prove that my book is worthy of the buyer's dollars more so than the other author's book. Writing a book that is unique, when it comes to e-books, is crucial to reaping higher financial rewards, word of mouth buzz, and greater media coverage!

You can visit Alyice Edrich at http://thedabblingmumpress.com to order a copy today!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Dorothy...I'll have to take some time and peruse your blogs..they look very interesting.

    Feel free to link to mine...and let me know if you want me to link to yours...and which one(s) if so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well darn, I tried to comment and got cut off LOL

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I enjoyed the post about e-books.

    Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I've had time to check out your blogs.

    What a cool idea...self-publishing e-books.

    Funny it didn't occur to me sooner that this would be a possibility. I've been working on my own great American novel....which maybe isn't the right topic for an e-book...but it's still a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, oh yes, self-publishing your e-books is a great way to make money without having a middle man. You can do the same thing they do and have total control. Where I can make my own book covers, and I can turn a document into a pdf, what's there left, you know? I find that the e-books that sell better are the ones that are non-fiction, but I hear erotica does right well. And you certainly can do the same thing with your novel. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to email or comment here. I also have a writing group where we are involved in the production of several e-books throughout the year...you might be interested in that. Thanks so much for the comment and I'll be talking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Marti! Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Hi Dorothy! Glad to see you had a nice response to our interview. :)

    Alyice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:55 PM

    In my byline, can you please remove the domain url: thedabblingmumpress.com

    I no longer own that domain.

    Please use http://thedabblingmum.com. It is correct and still in use.

    Thank you.
    Alyice Edrich

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.