BOOK SPOTLIGHT: ENTHRALLED by Nadia Aidan

Enthralled: Ares & Candace: The Divine Series - Book One Author: Nadia Aidan
Publisher: iUniverse (Sept. '07)
Purchase at Amazon

Where did you get inspiration to write your book?

Where did I get the inspiration to write my book. Ahhhh! That is a good question, but it is complicated. The first question should be where did you get the inspiration to write? And the second should be where did you get the inspiration to write Enthralled?

To answer the first question, I began writing over a year and a half ago when I was finishing my dissertation, but once I finished my dissertation I didn’t look at the novels again. It wasn’t until my mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer that I began searching for an outlet for the emotional highs and lows of taking care of her. My mom recently lost her battle to cancer, which finally gave me the courage to submit my work. My mother was (and continues to be in spirit) my biggest cheerleader and support system. She was a strong, courageous woman who wasn’t afraid of anything and she raised me to be the same. I know she would have been disappointed in me if I let insecurity and fear stop me from submitting my work. So writing for me has taken on this new dimension because I feel that I HAVE to do this. She was always so proud of my with the other successes I had in my life and my accomplishments. I still want to make her proud so that means I CAN'T give up! My love for my mother and respect for who she was as a woman drives me to continue to send my manuscript to publishers over and over despite the rejection letters! Despite the ups and downs of this entire business, my mother's spirit inspires me to remain dedicated to my passion which is writing erotic romance novels.

Now as to where I got my inspiration to write Enthralled, well that came from several avenues. First, I love interracial erotic romance stories BUT there are very few of these stories that are NOT straight contemporaries or vampire related. I love those too, but I am a fantasy/sci-fi buff and I always felt bereft when searching through new releases on my favorite sites and coming up with nada in the fantasy category. I thought to myself, well hey, if you want to see an interracial fantasy romance then you may just have to write it and hell, that is just what I did!

Enthralled combines my loves for history, mythology, interracial relationships, and of course romance and hot sex! Like I said I love fantasy but I am also am a fanatic when it comes to ancient history. I enjoyed writing Enthralled because I was able to weave in historical elements and still remain true to the fantasy genre. Therefore, you will see many references to ancient battles, cultures, people and places throughout the story. I think it is a wonderful element to bring to a story, especially a fantasy novel. And I enjoyed creating it.

I am just so thrilled and excited about the release of Enthralled. This has truly been a labor of love and I am happy to see that my dream has finally come true. I enjoyed interweaving many people and places into this erotic fantasy world and I hope others will love reading it as much as I loved writing it.

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments

Powered by Blogger.