Interview with Poetry Book Author Laura Grossman

Laura Grossman graduated from Lehman College with a degree in English literature and won several awards from poetry contests. She has attended poetry readings and has enjoyed positive feedback on her work. She is the author of the poetry book, The Sighing of the Winter Trees, and you can visit her website here.

Welcome to the Writer’s Life, Laura. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

I’ve been writing for awhile and I am working on a second book.

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

My book is about the mystery in the world and hope and inspiration of mankind and I wrote it to satisfy and urge in me and others.

How much input did you have into the design of your book cover?

I told my publisher what I wanted and they followed up on it.

Has it been a bumpy ride to becoming a published author or has it been pretty well smooth sailing?

It has been smooth sailing.

For this particular book, how long did it take from the time you signed the contract to its release?

It took several weeks.

Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

I have not had an agent and it is not necessary to have one.

Do you plan subsequent books?

Yes, I am working on another book.

Are you a morning writer or a night writer?

I am a morning writer I love to get up and work at the crack of dawn.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know a bit more about this book.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.