Book Promotion Tips by Ruby Dominguez

Book Promotion Tips by Ruby Dominguez

From the first day of conception of idea, I started promoting my would-be published book. I talked about it unceasingly to anybody who was willing to listen and showed off my book cover ideas, my way of feeling ahead of time the kind of reception I could expect from my readers.

Prior to publication, I up loaded a home-made 1 minute book video trailer on Youtube, Metcafe, facebook, yahoo, aol, live video, crackle, etc. to generate a buzz.

I also printed and mailed two-side 100 postcards openly displaying the bookcover for the USPS mail service personnel to talk about while at work.

Today, I am doing a two month bulls-eye Halloween promo focusing and bringing my story to its origin which is in Salem, Massachusetts.

Other marketing avenues that I am currently doing are:

1) A Virtual Book Tour and blog radio interviews under the very hands-on and capable Dorothy Thompson of www.pumpupyourbookpromotion.com .

2) Email blasting though I feel is a scam I tried, too.

3) I am involved with horror, Halloween events and festivals across the US via sponsorships/advertising opportunities.

4) I tweet at www.twitter.com about my book. I tweet on New York Times, ABC, Timelife, CNN, Breaking News, etc. They've got millions upon millions of followers! I just plug it in right with them!

6) I post my book on Craigslist under books for sale or the local news category everyday!

7) I’ve posted my book also at Backpage.com and Voice Village in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, MA and San Francisco.

The author, Ruby Dominguez is challenged by the conflicting complexities of the past and future. Undeterred, she strokes with pen the somber and bright hues of her visions. She currently resides in San Francisco and works in the field of property management/leasing. She has been a recipient of the "Editor's Choice Award," by the National Library of Poetry in 1999 and 2007 for her published poems in the SHELTER OF SHADE. Visit her website at: www.outskirtspress.com/theperukemaker, and blog at www.salemcurse.wordpress.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.