Interview with Fiction Author Garasamo Maccagnone






Garasamo Maccagnone is the author of, “The Affliction of Dreams”, “The Suburban Dragon”, “St. John of the Midfield”, and “For the Love of St. Nick.” A writer since he was sixteen, Maccagnone, now 50, lives in Shelby Township, Michigan with his wife Vicki and 3 children.



Welcome to The Writer's Life, Garasamo. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

I’ve been writing since I was sixteen. My mother was a librarian assistant in Fraser, Michigan. She read voluminously and made sure I did as well. She brought stacks of books home weekly. Early on in my life, I had a few health set backs that caused migraines. I was forced to stay home in bed a lot. When I wasn’t in pain, reading was my outlet and my chance to dream about all that I was missing.

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

I wanted to write a Christmas story that had a “feel” to it, a quiet little book with a voice a reader would remember. I also wanted to write a Christmas story in an obscure setting, away from the commercial elements of the holiday.

What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

Understanding the natural contrivance of writing a Christmas story, the hardest part was not making it syrupy or preachy. Though you realize readers want a positive ending, one must strive to make the final scenes as unpredictable as possible.

Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it? Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

All information pertaining to me can be found at: www.garasamomaccagnone.com.

Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV? What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

A media firm named Ascot Media organized a radio interview blitz for me last Christmas. With my other works, especially, St. John of the Midfield, papers, blogs, and radio have extensively interviewed me.



Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is? If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

I do not have an agent. One friend of mine maintains my website while another one makes appearance calls.

Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

For the Love of St. Nick is self-published through Booksurge. Those types of companies really don’t do much for an author on the marketing side of the business. You are kind of on your own. Realizing that, I think I have a pretty reasonable outlook as to what kind of success this book will have. Anonymity doesn’t bother me as an author. The book has done well merely through word of mouth and the positive reviews it has received by the critics.

As long as my stories are well crafted, not being a household name as an author is something I can live with.

Do you plan subsequent books?

I’m writing at this time, The Fish and the Fox. It’s about an aging, crotchety old priest named Father Charlie Dibbs, who in a Quixote like way, fights the human traffickers on the Texas/Mexican border.

Thank you for your interview, Garasamo Maccagnone Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

All information pertaining to me can be found at: www.garasamomaccagnone.com and all my books can be purchased at www.amazon.com

I enjoyed the interview and am very thankful you took the time to listen to what I had to say.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.