Interview with Tina Martin, author of 'Secrets on Lake Drive'

Tina Martin was born in Ahoskie, North Carolina and developed a love for writing in high school. She pursued creative writing courses in college and in 2007, self-published her first poetry book, Love Like Yours. She now uses her prolific style of writing to pen fiction novels, the latest being, Secrets On Lake Drive (Xpress Yourself Publishing) available now.

You can read more about Tina at her website at www.tinamartinbooks.com.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Tina. Can you tell us how long you’ve been writing professionally and how your journey led to writing your latest book, Secrets On Lake Drive?

Tina: I’ve been writing professionally for about 5 years now. Secrets On Lake Drive came along just when I thought I would quit writing, but there was just something about this story that I had to get out of my head and on paper to share with the world.


Q: I love your title! Can you tell us why you chose it?

Tina: The novel takes place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on Lake Drive, the stretch of road that borders the beautiful Lake Michigan. One of the main characters, Sean, lives in a mansion on Lake Drive and he’s the guy with all the secrets.


Q: Why did you believe your book should be published?

Tina: Because I wrote it so well, and it’s so emotional. It will engage and entertain my readers.


Q: Can you tell us the story behind your book cover? Did you choose it or did your publisher, Xpress Yourself Publishing, have full control? Were you happy with the decision or did you have something else in mind?

Tina: Well, I pretty much told the publisher what I was looking for in a book cover and they came through with this well chosen cover that I am so happy with. Plus, I get a lot of ladies asking me who that hot guy is on the cover of my book.

Q: How have you approached marketing your book? Do you have someone doing it for you or have you had to do most of the marketing yourself?

Tina: I’m doing must of the marketing myself via email, word of mouth, flyers, book tours etc. I will probably have someone take over the marketing soon. I want to spend my time writing.


Q: What book on the market can it compare to? How is it different? What makes your book special?

Tina: Hmm…not really sure what book it can compare to since my work is so original. It’s different and unique because I take time to develop my characters so readers can identify with them, either love them or hate them.

Q: Open to a random page in your book. Can you tell us what is happening?

Tina: In this scene, Monica runs into Sean and his son at Summerfest. She’s intrigued by Sean’s looks – his blue, sleeveless hoodie, fresh white shoes and Gucci shades. Since they still had tension between them from the words they exchanged at the parent-teacher conference, she doesn’t quite know what to say to him so she walks away after briefly speaking.


Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

Tina: I’m not going to write a follow up novel to Secrets On Lake Drive. It’s pretty much one-novel book. I am, however, working on other novels. I think readers will find my novel, Another Man’s Treasure, due to be released this winter very intriguing.


Q: Thank you for your interview, Tina. Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

Tina: Please visit my website to get the latest news on me and other upcoming book releases: www.tinamartinbooks.com. You can also look me up on Facebook: www.facebook.com/tinamartinbooks and visit my fun blog: www.authortinamartin.blogspot.com.


Secrets On Lake Drive is available now at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.