Guest Blogger: 'Comfortably Awkward' Kenny Scudero

Comfortably Awkward is Kenny Scudero’s debut self-published novel. He is a twenty-two year old author from New York City who looks forward to a bright future in writing. Kenny recently graduated from St. John’s University where he majored in Sport Management. At St. John’s, Kenny was Sports Editor for the University newspaper. After graduating from St. John’s, Kenny had trouble finding a job and wrote “Comfortably Awkward” based off that frustration. He is currently working on his second novel.

You can visit Kenny’s website at www.kennyscudero.com for more information.

Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | Amazon Kindle Store | Official Tour Page

ABOUT COMFORTABLY AWKWARD

For Albert Ferenzo, life is a series of ironic events that may or may not have a reason behind them. While struggling to find a niche for himself, Albert blames the corporate world for hindering his dream of making money and living a prosperous life. After playing the good guy his entire life, Albert decides that the only way to get ahead in the world is to be the bad guy. Albert questions his own fate as he drives himself to insanity in an effort to find happiness. The destinies of Albert and everyone around him intertwine as he finally realizes what life is all about or at least, he thinks he does in this revolt against normality.

Guest Post:

Do you ever feel like strange things are always happening to you and only you? Not only are they strange occurrences, they’re actually humorous things when you realize that they tie in with something or someone else. For example, the other day I was in a little café in New York City and I noticed some weird guy staring at me. He was sitting at a table by himself, drinking a coffee and looking at me as if he knew me. He had a long red beard and curly red hair that would have been fashionable in 1976. The odd thing about him was that he was wearing a suit. He had a nice grey jacket and fancy grey pants to go with his light blue shirt and dark blue tie. He was wearing a suit that I would wear to a job interview, if I was ever actually granted one. I grabbed a coffee quick and walked out of the store with my eyes on the redhead as he continued to stare at me without blinking.

When I got outside and walked across the street, I looked back at the café I was just in. To no surprise, I saw the redhead standing pressed up against the glass of the café. He was staring at me but this time, he had a creepy smirk on his face. I walked briskly and kept looking behind me for about four blocks until I felt safe. A couple of days later, I just happened to me skimming through the cable channels since there is never anything worth watching within my thousand channels, when I saw a picture of the redhead in the right corner of the screen. I spit out the water which was in my mouth and was shocked to see him on the news. They reported that this man was caught robbing a café in Manhattan and was also a suspect in the murder of five different people. I could have been the next victim of this guy but I wasn’t very worried. Somehow, I knew that it wasn’t my time. I didn’t know what else to do but laugh at the irony of what I had just seen.

These types of things happen to me just about every day, though not always to this extreme of a situation. I don’t know if things like this happen to everyone else, but my book “Comfortably Awkward” is filled with stories and occurrences similar to the redhead murderer. I swear, sometimes it feels like there’s someone in the sky watching and giggling at the strange things I see. In the book, I try to get to the bottom of this theory when Albert Ferenzo, our hero, begins questioning the world around him with existentialist influences. I bet the second I stop writing this and walk outside, something crazy will happen. Hopefully it’s not the redhead murderer so I’ll be alive to write whatever happens into my next book.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.