Interview with Joleen Bridges, author Finding Home Breaking Free


Joleen BridgesABOUT JOLEEN BRIDGES

Joleen is a lifelong Missouri resident and currently resides in Lee's Summit, Missouri. Besides writing, Joleen's favorite things to do are; hang out with family, travel, read, and pretty much anything related to nature. You will probably see her hanging out with her long time boyfriend Greg, her dog Rusty and her zen kitty, Cola. Joleen is passionate about the topics of consciousness, enlightenment, spirituality and personal empowerment. Her debut book, Finding Home, Breaking Free from Limits, represents over 10 years of research and a lifetime of inspiration to present readers with a comprehensive look at understanding and releasing our self imposed limits to discover your authentic potential and divine authority to live a life by design.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Joleen.  Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

A: Yes, thank you so much for the interview and for giving me an opportunity to introduce myself and my book, Finding Home Breaking Free from Limits. Basically, I am a very ordinary person that has an extraordinary message to share because of an extraordinary event that happened in my life. Not extraordinary because it was really bad or really good, but because it was abundantly transforming.

My background is 20 plus years working in the corporate jungle as a middle manager, but I have always had a passion and desire to get to the heart of deep spiritual understanding. About 10 years ago, I had a series of events in my life that created a major catalyst for me. Those were dark times in my life, and I experienced a great deal of loss and pain. I don’t want to expand on that part of the story, because many of us have dark times in our lives, at various degrees of darkness. The important part about these times is not so much the story we create about how dark they were for us, but how we emerged from them, and that is what was extraordinary for me. The person that went into that dark tunnel of life challenges was not the same one that walked away from it.

I have always wanted to be a writer; it’s been a dream of mine since I was a kid. Throughout my corporate career, I did a great deal of writing, but it was always from a very dry business and technical perspective. I had been toying around with a historical novel for most of my adult life, doing a little research here and there and writing a few pages now and again, but after those years of tremendous change and transformation, my writing intention turned from a romantic tortured artist fantasy into a purposeful calling. I felt I had something important to share.    

Q: Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

A:  Well the book, as mentioned above, was the result of feeling inspired and compelled to share the amazing insights that I experienced during a transformative time in my life. During those 10 years of intense transformation, my main focus in life was to learn and grow authentically and from a divine perspective. I researched many, many books on religion, spirituality, metaphysics, philosophy, psychiatry, law of attraction, and new thought. I studied everything from the ancient texts of world religions to the most progressive new thought and spiritual teachers. I was a human sponge, soaking in everything I was learning and every day I was just feeling bigger and brighter about life, myself, what I was learning and the world in general. I felt compelled to write about what I was learning for many reasons. Besides feeling like I have a powerfully important message to share, I noticed that within my research over the years that many of the modern spiritual self help books did not offer readers enough options to understand how to apply what they were teaching.

I wanted to provide readers with not only a laymen’s analysis of how we, as humans, get encumbered by a load of human baggage and limitations, but how the heck to get rid of it too. Knowing that each person views the world through different lenses, I wanted to share many tools or practices that could be tried to see if they were a good fit for personal and spiritual growth.

Q: What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

A: My biggest challenge was; knowing when to quit. I have so much I want to share and I simply could not share it all in one book. Coming up with an outline of the highest points and sticking to that was tough for me, because other points of interest might try to squeeze their way into my chapter, but I had to scale down those errant inspirations and promise myself, another time.

I loved writing this book, in many ways it was effortless (at least the writing was). The other part of writing a book, like getting the book published - maybe not so effortless.
  

Q: Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it?  Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

A: I do not have a press kit but I do have a webpage with information about the book and about myself that I refer people to. The website is www.breakingfreefromlimits.com. I am also a dedicated blogger on this site and I love writing articles on the topics I am passionate about and that I hope will inspire and motivate readers.

Q: Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV?  What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

A: I have not done any of that type of marketing, yet. As a new author I am learning the ropes and I would be thrilled and so excited to speak to groups about the book or subjects within the book, anytime, anywhere. I would also love to have a radio or TV guest appearance. Can you tell me where to get one of those gigs? Over the next several months I have plans to continue to get the word out about the book, including a few local book signings and I am toying with the idea of starting my own podcasting show. If you contact me to talk about the book or any topic related to spiritual empowerment, I’m there! In the meantime, I am building on my marketing efforts by focusing on my blogging and pursuing potential speaking engagements. Besides writing new articles for my own website blog, I also contribute to several other blogging sites, such as HubPages, Ezinearticles, and a couple of other writer communities.    

Q: Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is?  If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

A: I do not have an agent. I would love to have one, no doubt, just because it sounds so glamorous! I do not feel that you must have an agent to succeed as a writer, although I would not deny that an agent may have networking contacts that would be very beneficial.

What I do have though, is a tremendous belief in this book and the knowledge that it can make a difference in people’s life, if they are open to it. I KNOW this book will be read, and I trust this intuition much better than promises from an agent.   

Q: Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

A: No, again as a new author, my first focus was on getting the book published and available to the market.

Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A: Absolutely. In fact, I am continuing my research and putting together the outline for my next book now. This next book’s focus will be on infusing readers with intense passion towards their amazing personal potential and putting some personal practices in place to stop allowing any more time to be given away to useless and pointless ego tendencies. I’m super pumped about it.
  
Q: Thank you for your interview, (INSERT FIRST NAME; NO CAPS).  Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: Yes, please visit me, frequently, on www.breakingfreefromlimits.com. The book, Finding Home Breaking Free from Limits is available on Amazon.com in both paperback and digital formats and I also offer the book for purchase at a discount on my website. I love feedback, spiritual discussions, friendly debates and comments, so please feel free to leave any/all on my website. Thank you again so much! This has been fun.



Finding Home Cover Image 2 Master Sample Photoshop_edited-5 (3)ABOUT FINDING HOME-BREAKING FREE FROM LIMITS

Within our soul, we are already free. There is within us an indescribable place where we know this instinctively and intuitively – this is a place we call “home.” Finding Home, Breaking Free from Limits is a charter to discover that place, and in doing so, transform our lives and the lives of others.
Finding Home, Breaking Free from Limits intention is to energize the mind to challenge the propaganda of fear and limitations and enable one to embrace a new attitude of personal and spiritual empowerment. The condition this book addresses is limits – personal limits that impact our individual spirit, and subsequently, our relationships, communities and our world.
Finding Home creates a paradigm shift away from limits and into a realization of unlimited potential. Never again will you look at yourself and the world around you in the same way after you found that place of “home.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.