It's Rant & Rave Day: What? No Sharing Buttons?

So I'm in the middle of this experiment I'm doing regarding book sales. My experiment came to a dead halt when I found one of the blogs that is hosting my authors had no sharing buttons.  Not for my sake especially, but for your sake if you want more hits than you're getting already, please put up sharing buttons.

So what are sharing buttons?

For the sake of those who do not know it is a simple code of html that you add to your blog that allows your visitors to share your blog posts with their followers.  It's really easy peasy and the advantages far outweigh not having them.

My favorite sharing buttons are Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest, but there are many many others.  Here's what happens.  You post a blog post and hopefully Google will index you high enough so that you end up on the first page of search.  But you can't rely on that all the time.  Sharing buttons gives you more promoting power and definitely more reach.

The Perks:

  • You (and others) don't have to take the url of your blog post, create a shortened url (for Twitter) and do it manually.  It's a painstaking process which requires time, which we have so little of.
  • Sharing buttons create an easy one two three click (depending on how many social network buttons you want the post to appear on) and sends your link to other people's social network accounts.
  • For authors, this could mean more sales for you (I'm in the middle of an experiment which will prove it)
How to Get Sharing Buttons for your Blog:

Oh I wouldn't leave you hanging.  If you have no idea how to get sharing buttons, here is what you do.  While there are probably many places to get them, I choose ShareThis.com.  Here's what you do:

You should be up and running in no time.  Do a little experimenting on your own and see if you don't double or triple your sites hits.

Your followers will love you, I will love you and your book will love you.

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.