Book Publishing Secrets: A Conversation with Morrie Richfield


We’re talking to authors from all walks of life about their experiences in publishing their book.  Some have smooth paths, some rocky, but they all share a common goal – to see their name on the cover of their creation.  It’s interesting to read what path they decided to take to get there and my guest today is here to tell everyone what he/she did in order to make it all happen so that other writers will learn a little something from the experience. 

Today we are talking to Morrie Richfield, author of the fiction novel, Revelation: The Return of Mr. Breeze. Visit his website at www.mrbreezethenovel.com.

Thank you for your time in answering our questions, Morrie.  Let’s begin by having you explain to us why you decided to write a book?

I believe that you can change the world one heart and one mind at a time, and that is what I am trying to do. After all books have brought change to mankind before why not now!

Is this your first book?

No this is the sequel to Mr. Breeze which was published in May of 2011.

Can you tell us a little about your publishing journey?

After being turned down by every agent and publisher I contacted (and there were many), I decided that self-publishing was the only option open to me.

What lessons do you feel you learned about the publishing industry?

That it is almost impossible to get anyone attention if you are an unknown.

If you had the chance to change something regarding how you got published, what would you change?

I would have liked to have had an agent to represent me and to find me a publisher.

Did you credit any person or organization with helping you get published?

I wish I could say yes to this question.

What’s the best advice you can give to aspiring authors?

Never, ever give up!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.