Adult Suspense Thriller Author Becky Komant: Surrounding Yourself with Beautiful People

We welcome today the talented Becky Komant to The Writer's Life today!  Becky is the author of the adult suspense thriller, The ControlledBecky was born and raised in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia.  Spending most of her childhood years outdoors and playing sports, Becky’s passion for fitness was ignited.  Working at a gym at the age of 16, she then went on to an advertising position at a local newspaper following high school.  Soon after, Becky started her family and wanted to be more involved with her children.  It was then that Becky followed her passion and founded a successful private training studio.   Realizing that being a trainer was much more than just helping people physically, this lead her in the direction of becoming a certified life coach.  Because of her fitness and life coaching career, Becky always envisioned writing a book.  Overtime and thought, it evolved into her first novel, The Controlled. With more writing on the horizon, she hopes to inspire others on many levels. Becky continues to reside in Kelowna with her family. Learn more about Becky at www.beckykomant.com.


Surrounding Yourself with Beautiful People 

By Becky Komant

When they called my number and I started to walk to center stage, my heart was racing, it was such an adrenaline rush. It was my time to shine, to show off all my hard work and truly strut my stuff! It’s one of the
few times when that type of attitude display is expected of you.  It’s all about charisma, confidence, and energy.  Of course you are judged on your physique, but it is a combination of everything together that rocks it! 

When I was writing The Controlled and created the main character Sarah, it was very easy to write about her as a fitness competitor.  It is something I have experienced several times over the last 9 years  I have not stepped on stage since 2010, as I have dedicated the last couple of years to writing and bringing The Controlled to life, but I will be making my comeback this fall.

So where is this blog really going?

It’s quite simple. Surround yourself with beautiful people. I am not referring to beauty as in esthetics. I am referring to beauty as in support and friendship, because that is truly a beautiful thing.  If I never surrounded myself with beautiful people, my journeys would be completely different, maybe still successful, but having support has made all the difference.

My journey to the competition stage would be very difficult to do alone. The training and clean eating – most people don’t understand what it takes. I am a trainer with a trainer – just as Sarah is. We both understand that by having a great support team, they can help us reach our full potential. My trainer pushes me to levels that I probably wouldn’t reach without his support. 

When I was decided to write The Controlled, I had no idea how to get from the start to finish.  I took the same philosophy as I do with my training and found a writing I coach that I connected with.  It was her support and guidance that helped me take away any doubts I had in bringing The Controlled to print. 

These are what I call beautiful people!  I am a true believer that with a positive support team or coach on your side, you can reach your full potential.  I am a trainer with a trainer.  I am a writer with a writing coach.  Most successful speakers and elite athletes all have a team who works together towards success.

Whatever your journey may be – Surround yourself with beautiful people! 

Purchase The Controlled at AMAZON.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.