Interview with Joe Sinclair, author of 'Putting Life on the Finish Line'

Joe Sinclair has had an education career that spanned more than forty-five years. He served as superintendent of schools in various North Carolina districts for more than twenty years. In 1992, he was selected as North Carolina’s Superintendent of the Year. He and his wife, Claryce, live in Statesville, North Carolina.

Thank you for your time in answering our questions Let’s begin by having you explain to us why you decided to write a book? 

I believed that I had something to contribute to individuals who wanted to improve their health and to those who were into fitness and running.

Is this your first book? 

This is my first book, although I have written many articles for newspapers and magazines.

Can you tell us a little about your publishing journey? 

It took six months to write and publish my book. Prior to beginning the writing process, I accumulated much of the written background information that was used in the process.

What lessons do you feel you learned about the publishing industry? 

I had to develop a lot of patience and understanding of the publication process.

If you had the chance to change something regarding how you got published, what would you change?

I would talk with more writers of published books to learn from their combined experiences before beginning the writing process.

Did you credit any person or organization with helping you get published? 

Wayne Triplett has published several books and was a great help to me in getting my book published.

What’s the best advice you can give to aspiring authors? 

Aspiring authors should have a definite goal in mind before beginning the publication process. They should have a lot of collected materials available for inclusion in their book.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.