Interview with Michael Goffinet, author of 'They Call Me Superman'



Michael Goffinet was born and raised in Southern California. After earning his Masters of Health Administration degree, he worked in the health care industry for the last two decades.  He currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada with his wife of twenty years and his teenage son. He is an avid golfer and when he’s not reading or writing he can be found on the golf course.

His latest book is the action thriller, They Call Me Superman. 

Visit his website at www.michaelgoffinet.com.

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book? 
 
I became consumed with action thrillers fifteen years ago. I found myself constantly thinking about different book plots and characters. I developed Marcus Evans on a sleepless night and he grew from there. I finally found the courage to put pen to paper.
 
Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers? 

It was much more difficult than I ever thought possible. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is an easy way to write a novel, but mapping the book out in advance will reduce unnecessary writing.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish? 

My publisher is Barringer Publishing. I found them on the internet.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?   

How much effort goes into making sure the novel is perfect. It is a lot of work, but well worth it. 

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published? 

I’m working on the sequel to They Call Me Superman. I’m also writing a couple of short stories.  I don’t have any publication dates yet. You can, however, get a free copy of my short story Karma’s A Bitch at michaelgoffinet.com

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online? 

Absolutewrite.com

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book? 

I wrote the book for entertainment. While the book does indicate that mankind evolved in a manner contrary to popular belief, it was just for entertainment. There are no hidden messages in the book, just a lot of action, suspense, and humor.

Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words? 

I really appreciate reader’s feedback, so please visit michaelgoffinet.com and let me know what you think about my book.  Thanks for the interview.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.