Interview with Imari Douthit, author of 'Be Calm Be Brave Don't Be Afraid'




Imari Douthit is a young author wanting to entertain others through her words. She is a creative writer with an exciting and adventurous imagination. Imari’s love for story telling prompted her to become a published author. She resides in Indianapolis, Indiana with her family.
Facebook: Imari Douthit
Twitter: @imaridouthit
About The Book

Ally and Max are a sister and brother adventure team that helps towns in distress. When a rock lands in Ally’s bedroom to give them their mission, the duo is off to solve the problem. This mission has them going into the future and once the duo arrives they are in for a surprise. Will Ally and Max be able to save the town under siege? Or will they become the town’s next victims?
Purchase your copy at Amazon.
 


Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

A: One night I was sitting in my bed bored and I started to write in my binder. The more I wrote, the more it became a story. Since it became so long, I decided to make it into chapters. For school I was reading Mary Pope Osborne’s books and she inspired my idea to write a book about a mission.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

A: It wasn’t hard at all because I love writing. When it comes to writing it’s my favorite thing to do. The tip I would give to other writers would be to just follow our heart.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

A: My publisher is Teresa Beasley with Gotcha Covered Publishing. I go to church with her but I didn’t know she was a publisher until my mom posted on Facebook that we wanted to get my book published. Then Teresa contacted my mom.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

A: Yes. I didn’t know it would be this popular for a 9 year old kid, now 10 years old, to have a book published because I thought other kids at my age would have books published too.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

A: I’m working on book number two but I’m not sure yet when or if it’ll be published.

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?

A: I like to get on You Tube.

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

A: My book is just for entertainment.
  
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

A: Thank you for interviewing me. I hope that you enjoy my book.




No comments

Powered by Blogger.