A Conversation with Children Christian Fiction Author Tiana Bunnell-Mumford



Tiana Bunnell-Mumford is the creator of Beauty Beyond the Eyes Mentoring Program, interactive workshops designed to equip young children and teens to believe they can succeed, believe in themselves, be bright in their thinking and be bold in their creativity.

Bunnell-Mumford is a freelance writer, teacher and mentor who has worked with children of all ages for the last ten years. She believes empowering children to be their best selves will lead them to success in their future. This is the subject of her debut novel, I Will Not Change My Hair At All. She is also the author of Kool Minds Journal for Girls.

Bunnell-Mumford has an Associate of Applied Science degree in Medical Assistant and is pursuing a Bachelors of Science degree in Social Work. She stands by her faith that young readers and adults will be impacted by the message within her books. She resides in Indianapolis, In with her husband and children.

Social Media Links
Facebook: Mrs. Tiana1
Twitter @Creativemindz01
Website www.creativemindswork.com

About the Books:


Title: I Won’t Change My Hair At All
Author: Tiana Bunnell-Mumford
Publisher: Creative Minds Work Publication, LLC
Pages: 38
Genre: Children Christian Fiction
Format: Paperback
 
Sometimes as little girls it’s hard to accept yourself the way God created you to be when there is so many other girls who have something you desire. Walk with me on the journey through the book to find out how four girls who came from four different cultures discover how to accept and love themselves.


Title: Kool Minds for Girls
Author: Tiana Bunnell-Mumford
Publisher: Creative Minds Work Publication, LLC
Page: 38
Genre: Children Christian Fiction
Format: Paperback
 
Kool Minds for Girls is an empowerment journal for young girls. It is filled with scriptures and activities that will help young girls with self-esteem and self-worth. 


Purchase Links
http://www.creativemindswork.com (bookstore)
Amazon: (Kool Minds for Girls)
Amazon: (I Won’t Change My Hair At All)
The Book Patch: thebookpatch.com
 

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

I came up with the idea after I quit my full-time job in 2013 and hit a rough patch it was started spring of 2014. I had a lot of time to think and didn’t know where I was going to work or do. I then started typing but I had the characters but not a plot. I prayed and then thought what I can say about these four characters. And boom it came to me I can write about hair. I will write about something I think most girls and women struggle with wanting their hair like someone else. At the current time I didn’t have a title. As I finished up the story I read it to my six year old son at the time and I asked him what I should name it? He stated “I Will Not Change My Hair At All.”

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

 It wasn’t hard at all considering I love to write and the plot of the story is something I struggled with growing up until a few years ago. The advice I would pass on to other writers to make the journey easier is to pray to find a great mentor who can take you under him or her wings.

 Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

 My publisher is Creative Minds Work Publications LLC. Which is my own business a self-publisher.  The idea was first presented to me by a business consultant I had and then my publicist and then I proceeded to make it come to pass.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

The amount of time and people that is needed to birth the book. From the editing to the illustration, to the formatting.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published? 

I am working on a few books, the ones that will debut in 2016 is a book and journal for the boys. You can look for it around this time in 2016. The journal will be mainly identical to the girl journal “Kool Minds for Girls” that I have but the actual book will be very interesting for the young boy audience.

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?

I would say I have two Pinterest and fiverr

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

  The message that I am wanting to convey with my book is to love yourself the way God created you to be the authentic you, and not want to be like others even if it is as simple as your hair.

Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

Thank you for having me if you would like more information on my books and where to purchase them check out my website at creativemindswork.com, like me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Mrs.Tiana1, follow me on twitter at creativemindzwork01.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.