Virtual Book Tour Guest: Interview with William A. Clifford, author of Amy



Title:
 Amy
Author: William A. Clifford
Publisher: AuthorHouse
Pages: 268
Genre: Fiction
Format: Ebook/Paperback
Purchase at AMAZON
An experiment in creation, with some religious views, that shows the reasons why, we may not want, what we think we want. How plans take on a life of their own, and there is no going back.
amazon

Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

It is the story of the conflict that comes with sharing too much with another and having no control over what the other sees and knows of you and you of them. You start out trying to compare certain things and find that you may order a steak, but you get everything else on the menu as well. I wrote it to show that you can't compare your ideas of what someone else is going through with your own experiences. You can't see those things for a reason. You are made to live your life and they, theirs. Man was built to handle different things than woman. You can't put severity on an equality scale. This is to show that with some entertainment thrown in to light the dark passages.

What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

The biggest was letting go of what other people might think. There will always be someone to disagree with anyone. I had to write as if writing the story to my best friend. I can tell him anything and that is the sort of thing that had to come through in the story. The style I was drawing on was conversational. I couldn't worry anymore about what other people cared about. I decided that it will have to be them eavesdropping on my conversation with my best friend. You can say anything to your best friend because they don't listen they just let you talk.

Do you plan subsequent books?

Yes,1 have finished the sequels to 'Amy'. They include the published and available 'Amy's Love', and 'Amy's Past' which has not yet been published. A separate book is nearing completion. The story of time traveling researchers looking for answers to the Tudor Mysteries. This fourth book is called 'The House On River Road'. Others are in the works as long as they are not forgotten. I am trying to stave off the dreaded dementia that comes with an idle mind. My cat helps with that too.

When and why did you begin writing?

November 3rd, 2013, was the day that I decided that if I did not start then, it would never happen. I promised relatives, coworkers and caregivers that I would write it and once I decided not to think what others might say, I began. Three to four months writing each book. Two to four weeks editing and a week rewriting, was the average time spent. I knew I did not want to live forever and if I got my way, I would need to get a move on.

What is your greatest strength as an author?

My imagination and desire to learn is what I pride myself and rely on. My comedy routine helps with that, although I spread that pretty thin since I've retired. I draw some lines of thought from my art pieces. I can hear music that helps draw out a line of thought. I don't listen to music when I work, but the songs I used to sing and even write come back to mind to help with the development of a certain chapter or paragraph. Sometimes I think I am just using dementia as creative tool. Other times I realize it hasn't got me yet.

   
Born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Raised in Ancaster, in the country setting. Attended Ancaster High and Vocational School, where I got my diploma. After that I enrolled in the working world until my retirement. I am married with three grown children and six grandchildren. I build miniatures and like to build landscapes of my own design.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.