Interview with N.E. Brown, author of 'Carson Chance, P.I., Over the Edge



After a successful career in real estate, N. E. Brown retired and began pursuing her passion for writing.  She has authored and published four successful historical fiction novels about life in early Galveston.  Her most recent book, Carson Chance, P.I., Over the Edge, takes place in Dallas, Texas, during the 1960s. It is not only available in paperback and e-books, but is now an audio book.

Having been a legal secretary during that time in Dallas, her eye for detail brings about a memorable life experience between two young people who are destined to find love a real challenge.

Being a native Texan, Ms. Brown’s love of Texas history inspires her to create true-to-life fictional characters from the past. She is currently working on two new novels, one being Book 5 of her Galveston, 1900, Indignities series. Ms. Brown resides in Tyler, Texas, with her husband.

For More Information
About the Book:

Set against the rock and roll era of the early 1960’s, when casual sex and recreational drugs were the norm, a chance meeting on a road trip finds twenty-four year old Carson Chance smitten with a
young female hitchhiker he gives a ride to. Sparks fly as the two loners reach out to each other for companionship. They are like two pages torn from the same book that fit together perfectly, only Carson doesn’t know it.

For More Information

  • Carson Chance, P.I., Over the Edge is available at Amazon.
  • Pick up your copy at Barnes & Noble.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

Can you tell us a little about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?  

When I retired in 2012, I began writing, mostly for myself, but I gave the manuscript to a journalist and she told me I need to publish it. So I did. Carson Chance P. I., Over the Edge is my fifth book.

Why did you choose your particular genre?

I like to write about things I know and I was a part of the hippie generation although I was pretty conservative.

What was your greatest challenge writing this book? 

Making the characters believable.

Are you published by a traditional house, small press or are you self-published? 

I used a small press that did a turn-key job.

Was it the right choice for you?

All five of my books were self-published through a small press, but my next two novels which are almost finished will be self-published with the help of a professional editor, cover artist and beta-reader.

How are you promoting your book thus far?

I use social media and do book signings.

How is that going for you?

You never sell enough books, but momentum is gaining and I will continue to use social media.

Can you tell us one thing you have done that actually resulted in one or more sales? 

I did a book signing event at a huge gathering once and sold over 150 books.

Do you have another job besides writing? 

I’m an antique dealer and volunteer at the Salvation Army.


If you could give one book promotion tip to new authors, what would that be?

Start promoting your book before you release it.

What’s next for you?

Getting my next two books published.







No comments

Powered by Blogger.