Interview with Tamara Lush, author of 'Tell Me a Story'





During the day, Tamara Lush writes news as a journalist with The Associated Press. At night, she writes fictional romance tales about complicated, sexy men and the women who love them.

When Tamara isn’t reporting, writing or reading, she’s doing yoga, cooking for her Italian husband or chasing her dogs on a beach on Florida's Gulf Coast. She loves connecting with people on social media.

Her latest book is the erotic romance, Tell Me a Story (Book 1 The Story Series).
For More Information
About the Book:

Title: Tell Me a Story
Author: Tamara Lush
Publisher: Independent
Pages: 102
Genre: Erotic Romance

Bookstore owner Emma Chase attends a sexy literacy fundraiser called Story Brothel in Orlando, expecting a few raunchy jokes and a chance to show off her writing. She’s intrigued when Caleb King, a successful real estate developer in a custom tailored suit, pays to listen to her read from her erotic novel.

Later, the mysterious Caleb with beautiful eyes asks her to read him a bedtime story at his penthouse condo – and she can’t say no to his demands.

But Emma’s been burnt before, and is reluctant to be the plaything of a rich man whose world is so different than hers. She also doesn’t need distractions because her business in danger of closing and everything she’s worked for is poised to crumble. Emma’s made it this far on her own, but as one-night with Caleb turns into more and develops into something deeper, can she trust him when secrets are revealed?

For More Information


The Writer’s Life: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

Tamara Lush: The idea for my book came when I was invited to a real-life literary event in my city called Story Brothel. My friend Tiffany and her group called Wordier Than Thou hosts all sorts of fun reading and writing events in St. Petersburg, Florida. The concept of Story Brothel was simple: people would pay writers to give them a private reading. It was such a sexy idea, the thought that a writer could share her words with a total stranger. I was so smitten with the concept that I turned it into a book.

The Writer’s Life: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

Tamara Lush: Tell Me a Story is a novella, and is my third published book. It was the easiest story to write, I think. Possibly because I wrote it in first person, or possibly because it’s in my truest writing voice. Or maybe because I’d already made a ton of mistakes in the other books and learned a few things along the way.

As far as tips for writers? Read. Then read some more. Read in your genre and read outside of it. Don’t forget to read the classics.

The Writer’s Life: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

Tamara Lush: My first two books are about younger characters experiencing love for the first time, and both are with Boroughs Publishing Group. I’m working on a third for them now. My editor, Chris Keeslar, basically is giving me a master’s level course in romance writing.

This book, Tell Me a Story, is my first self-published work. It’s about slightly older characters who have experienced love and loss. This story was written to be part of a Florida romance boxed set, which will be published later in the year. I fell in love with the characters, though, and have plans to self-publish four stories about the couple in Tell Me a Story.

The Writer’s Life: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

Tamara Lush: Not really. I am shocked at how long submissions take and how long writers wait to hear from publishers. I’m a journalist during the day with The Associated Press and I’m used to things happening at a very quick pace.

The Writer’s Life: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

Tamara Lush: I’m working on a third book for Boroughs and I don’t have a publication date yet because it’s not finished. I’m also working on the other three novellas that will follow Caleb and Emma, the hero and heroine in Tell Me a Story.

The Writer’s Life: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?

Tamara Lush: Facebook and Twitter, definitely. I’ve met so many wonderful readers on Facebook.

The Writer’s Life: What’s your nightly ritual before retiring for the night?

Tamara Lush: I try to do 15-30 minutes of yoga after I write and before I go to sleep. Yoga and therapeutic coloring help clear my mind.

The Writer’s Life: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

Tamara Lush: I wasn’t aiming for any particular message in this novella. I wanted to tell a sweet, sexy story about two very different people who have an instant spark.
  
The Writer’s Life: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

Tamara Lush: Thank you all for reading Tell Me a Story! I hope this is an introduction to my work and readers will also check out my longer works, Into the Heat and Hot Shade, both with Boroughs Publishing Group.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.