Interview with Christiane Banks, author of Amelia's Prayer

635981_Tour-Banner_L1

 

Inside the Book:

Amelia's Prayer

Title: Amelia's Prayer 
Author: Christiane Banks 
Publisher: iUniverse 
Genre: Religious Fiction 
Format: Ebook/Hardcover/Paperback

Sebastian Lavalle is just fifteen when he leaves home in 1934 to join the navy. Seven years later, Sebastian unfortunately knows all too well about the horrors of World War II and what it is like to fear the unknown. When repairs force his ship to the rugged shore of Newcastle, the young French naval officer is invited to a tea dance to celebrate Bastille Day. He seizes the opportunity, hoping to find comfort and a small taste of the home he misses so much. Amelia Sullivan, the daughter of Irish immigrant parents is thrilled to be attending the tea dance. When Sebastian's eyes find her in the crowd, he drinks in her exotic beauty. Moments later as he draws her into his arms for a dance, there is no doubt in his mind that he has just met the woman of his dreams. Days later, Sebastian professes his love and marries her, sending them both on an unforgettable journey through betrayal, survival and forgiveness. The saga takes the reader from England's coast, to the French Riviera and also to America. Their soul searching journey explores the many facets and depths of love leading to the realization of what true happiness means.. Amelia's Prayer is a tender and moving saga spanning forty years after two young souls are flung together during World War II.  


ORDER INFORMATION
Amelia's Prayer is available for order at
amazon

What is your favourite quality about yourself?

I am a very dedicated and committed person to family, friends and loved ones. This comes in very useful when writing a book -  one needs commitment, dedication and tenacity.

What is your least favourite quality about yourself?

I like to be in control of everything and everyone. It’s not something I like about myself, I am currently working on improving and understanding the only control I have is of myself.

When did you first know you could be a writer?

It seems to me have always been able to tell stories. But first, knowing that I could be a writer did not come to me until quite late in my lifetime.  I was well over 50 and had the good fortune to meet an author by the name of Joyce Holms, well established who wrote a detective series in Scotland. 

Although many people have told me, prior to meeting Joyce, that I should write a book. It was Joyce validating that indeed I could write a book. She knew by talking to me - that was my aha moment!

Who or what influenced your writing over the years?

I have over the years been influenced by people I meet, talk to and spend time with. I’ve had the privilege of working with some of the most interesting people; young and old; wise and not so wise. Everyone has their story. The human touch, simplicity, truths writing about what I know and understand and definitely other authors!

How did you come up with the title of the book?

By consensus. I had several ideas. I picked out my favourite and asked friends and family who knew the storyline and we all picked the same one. It seemed to be the right choice.

What is the hardest part of writing your book?

The execution of the manuscript. The story was in place and the outline however I am dyslexic transferring it from my mind onto paper was very difficult. I made notes taped with my voice on to tape, gave it to a friend of mine who typed every word.  I would read it back several times and then eventually turn it into a manuscript.  Amelia’s Prayer has had 17 versions of the manuscript!

Meet the Author:

Christiane Banks lives in Ontario, Canada, with her husband. Amelia's Prayer, which took six years to write, is her debut novel.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.