πŸ“š A Bookish Chat with 'She Forgot She Was Free' Giselle Mascarenhas #AuthorInterview

 

Today we welcome Giselle Mascarenhas to The Writer's Life e-Magazine! Giselle is the author of the motivational book, She Forgot She Was Free: Returning to the Girl You Were Before the World Got Loud, and this interview is part of her Virtual Book Tour by Pump Up Your Book. Enjoy!



Giselle Mascarenhas is the founder of BECOME™, creator of the BECOME Methodology™, and author of She Forgot She Was Free. An entrepreneur, speaker, and transformational guide, she has dedicated her life’s work to helping people reconnect with who they were created to be so they can live with greater purpose, freedom, and intentionality.

After years of building businesses, leading organizations, and walking through seasons of personal growth, Giselle recognized that lasting transformation does not begin with external success, it begins with remembering one’s authentic identity. That realization became the foundation of the BECOME Method™, a proprietary methodology designed to guide individuals through a transformational process of self-awareness, healing, alignment, courageous action, and embodied growth. Unlike a framework that offers guidelines for achieving a specific outcome, The BECOME Method™ is a comprehensive method of personal advancement that can be applied across every area of life, leadership, and purpose.

Her debut book, She Forgot She Was Free, is both a deeply personal memoir and an invitation for readers to embark on their own journey of remembrance. Through honest storytelling, reflection, and faith, the book explores the universal experience of losing ourselves beneath expectations, fear, pain, and performance, and the courageous journey of rediscovering the freedom, identity, and purpose that have always existed within us. Rather than simply telling her story, Giselle invites readers to see themselves in its pages and begin writing the next chapter of their own lives.

The book became the catalyst for the broader BECOME movement, an expanding ecosystem of transformational experiences designed to help people move beyond inspiration into intentional action. Through immersive workshops, retreats, leadership development, educational programs, community experiences, publishing initiatives, and speaking engagements, Giselle equips individuals with practical tools to create meaningful and lasting transformation. Every experience is grounded in the belief that personal growth is not about becoming someone different but remembering and embodying the person God uniquely created each of us to be.

Known for her ability to blend heartfelt storytelling with practical application, Giselle creates spaces where people feel seen, challenged, and empowered to take meaningful action. Her presentations combine vulnerability, strategic thinking, and actionable guidance, allowing audiences to leave not only inspired but equipped with a clear path forward. Her work resonates with entrepreneurs, leaders, professionals, educators, faith-based communities, and individuals seeking deeper purpose and authentic fulfillment.

Beyond her work as an author and speaker, Giselle is passionate about developing leaders who create ripple effects within their families, businesses, organizations, and communities. She believes transformation is contagious, that when one person remembers who they are and chooses to live courageously, they give others permission to do the same. This philosophy continues to shape every initiative within the BECOME movement.

Through future books, collaborative publishing projects, leadership academies, retreats, and global speaking engagements, Giselle’s mission is to help millions of people reconnect with their God-given identity and become the fullest expression of who they were created to be. She envisions BECOME as a worldwide movement that empowers individuals to live intentionally, lead authentically, and create lasting impact for generations to come.

Giselle lives in Texas with her family and continues to write, teach, speak, and expand the global reach of the BECOME movement. Whether on stage, in the pages of a book, or through transformational experiences, her message remains the same: the person you are searching for has never been lost, you have simply forgotten who you are. Remember. Rise. BECOME.

Visit her website at www.thebecomemethod.com.

Connect with her on social media at:

╰┈➤Twitter: https://x.com/giselleempowers

╰┈➤ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/giselleempowers

╰┈➤Instagram: https://instagram.com/giselleempowers

╰┈➤Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21957760.Giselle_Mascarenhas



 

 

Your book, She Forgot She Was Free, is an invitation to remember the woman you were before fear, expectations, achievement, disappointment, and survival convinced you to forget. What drew you to write this?

I wrote this book because I realized that most women are not searching for a new version of themselves, they’re searching for the woman they forgot they already were.

For years, I achieved, performed, led organizations, built businesses, and poured into everyone around me. From the outside, my life looked successful. But somewhere along the way, I disconnected from my own truth. I wasn’t broken, I had simply forgotten.

I discovered that so many women carry that same silent ache. They don’t need another strategy. They need to feel the connection to themselves. The answers are there. 

She Forgot She Was Free is my invitation for women to remember who they were before trauma, fear, expectations, titles, and survival began writing their story for them. Because I believe freedom isn’t something we earn. It’s something we remember.

Can you tell us about The BECOME Method™?

The BECOME Method™ is the methodology I created after years of empowering women, creating movements, building businesses, leading organizations, and walking through my own journey of transformation.

It isn’t about becoming someone else. It’s about removing everything that isn’t truly you.

The six pillars are:

  • Bare It – Tell yourself the truth.
  • Envision – Remember the life you’re truly called to create.
  • Connect – Reconnect with God, yourself, and the people who align with your purpose.
  • Own – Take responsibility for your identity and your next decision.
  • Map It – Create a practical path forward.
  • Expand – Continue growing into the woman you were always created to become.

Everything I teach, from my book to Dream Labs, retreats, camps, speaking, and coaching, is rooted in this methodology. It’s designed to help people stop performing and start living from their authentic identity.


 

In your opinion, what’s the first thing to do to find your ‘truest’ self?

Slow down long enough to hear your own voice again.

We spend so much of our lives listening to expectations, opinions, responsibilities, and noise that we lose touch with what we actually believe, desire, and value.

I always tell people to ask themselves one simple question:

Who was I before I learned to be who everyone else needed me to be?

That question changes everything.

Your truest self isn’t hiding somewhere out in the world. She’s already within you. She’s simply waiting for you to remember her.


 

Your background is positively interesting. You used to be a dancer? Do you still dance?

I wasn’t a dancer. I was a little girl who loved to dance.

In third grade, I danced to Michael Jackson’s Beat It in my school cafeteria. I wasn’t thinking about being good enough, I was simply free. When I finished, the entire cafeteria erupted in applause. For the first time, I experienced what it felt like to be completely alive.

The following year, when auditions for the school talent show were announced, I excitedly signed up. Before auditions even began, I was called into the principal’s office. Mrs. Champion looked at me and told me that the dance I had performed the year before was “vulgar.”

I was too young to understand the word, but I understood the message.

The part of me that felt most alive needed to be hidden.

That moment became one of the defining stories in She Forgot She Was Free. It wasn’t just about dancing, it was about learning to dim my light because someone in authority told me it was too much.

Today, I dance again, but for a completely different reason.

If you’ve seen my Instagram Reels, you’ve seen me dancing. Those dances aren’t performances. They’re love letters to Little Gi. Every Reel is my way of telling her, “You never were too much. You were simply free.”

Every time I dance, I honor the little girl who almost stopped dancing forever.


 



She Forgot She Was Free is an invitation to remember the woman you were before fear, expectations, achievement, disappointment, and survival convinced you to forget.

In this deeply personal and transformational book, two-time best-selling author and founder of The BECOME Method™, Giselle Mascarenhas, shares the lessons, questions, and revelations that led her back to her truest self. Rather than offering quick fixes or another self-help checklist, she invites readers into a journey of honest reflection, identity, healing, and intentional growth. Through compelling stories and practical insights, readers are challenged to release limiting beliefs, reconnect with their authentic voice, and rediscover the freedom that has been within them all along.

Rooted in the principles of The BECOME Method™, She Forgot She Was Free equips readers with a powerful way to move beyond simply surviving and begin living with clarity, courage, and purpose. Whether you’re navigating a season of transition, rebuilding after loss, or simply sensing there is more waiting for you, this book will remind you that the life you long for doesn’t begin by becoming someone new, it begins by remembering who you have always been.

Because the person you are searching for has never been lost.

She has simply been waiting for you to remember her.

╰┈➤Book Details 

● Title: She Forgot She Was Free
● Author: Giselle Mascarenhas
● Genre: Self Help
● Sub-genre: Inner Child Self Help/Transformational Self Help/Motivational Self Help
● Language:English
● Pages: 132
● Paperback ISBN: ‎ 979-8234125965
● ASIN: B0H6M1PSHT
● Publisher: Mija Media House
● Publication Date: June 23, 2026
● Price: Hardcover $37.99, Paperback $25.81, Kindle $9.99
● Amazon: https://a.co/d/04aiKYWO
● Purchase Signed Copy: https://signedcopy.netlify.app/





The Writer’s Life

Thank you for visiting and reading!

Feel inspired? Have you read this book? Let us know your thoughts!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.