Interview: Mavis McKnight Author of THE MIS-EDUCATION OF THE CHURCH GIRL #Interview

 


Mavis McKnight is a candid, caring, and passionate Certified Sex Coach and Marriage Advocate. She is on a mission to educate, empower, and inspire Christian wives to enrich their sexual relationship. She encourages women to embrace their sexuality, learn to be creative, and bring more fun and excitement to their intimate lives. Her goal is to teach women to add flavor and spice to their sex life, blend sex positive messages with actions, and create tantalizing sexual experiences that burst with sweetness.

Some of the areas she coaches are:

  • Little or no interest in sex
  • Problems getting or holding an erection
  • Problems ejaculating too soon
  • Never experienced an orgasm
  • Can’t orgasm with a partner
  • Body Image Issues
  • Sexual inhibitions
  • Uneven desire
  • Little or no sex skills
  • Desire for enhanced pleasure

Additionally, she explores the areas of:

  • More fun and fulfilling sex
  • Planning romantic and erotic dates
  • Taking the stress, distress, and worry out of sex
  • Kicking sexual frustration to the curb
  • Speaking up boldly for your sexual needs
  • Deep soulful connections
  • Intimacy inside and outside of the bedroom

She has conducted numerous workshops, seminars, marriage classes, and bible studies for over eleven years; provided counseling and coaching in marriage and relationships for over 10 years; Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology; a Master’s Degree in Human Services; She is a Certified Sex Coach and Clinical Sexologist, a Certified Life Coach, Published author, and Co-Founder and CEO of Intimate Connections.

When Mavis is not bubbling over with passion to teach about sex, she enjoys dancing, traveling, reading, laughing, music, spending time with her handsome, adorable, loving husband and family, and having her grandkids over for a sleep-over...sometimes. 😊

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Website: www.MavisMcKnight.com

Blog: http://www.mavismcknight.com/blogs/

Facebook Address: https://www.facebook.com/mavisthecoach




When did you come up with the idea to write your book?


I came up with the idea to write my journal after I started researching, studying, and conducting informal surveys on sexual beliefs and attitudes, and found out how many women would rather take sex or leave it. The main reason for this was they weren’t getting anything out of it and saw it as a massive waste of time.


Although their partner’s lack of sex skills slightly came into play, I found there were three major reasons for this mindset:


The negative beliefs and views they were taught growing up such as, sex is dirty, a sin, all about taking care of your husband’s needs, something good girls don’t talk about let alone do.
They hardly had a clue what made their toes curl; In essence, suffered from a lack of education about their own female anatomy and what pleased them sexually. 


There were major fears around speaking up for their needs, wants, and desires.
All of this showed me that women needed to unlearn what they were taught and relearn new ways of expressing their sexuality. 


That’s when it became my passion and obligation to focus on female pleasure. It also became my goal to teach women to add flavor and spice to their sex life, to blend sex positive messages with actions, and to create tantalizing sexual experiences that burst with sweetness! 


Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?


I self-published the original journal, but needed to add more pop and appeal to the inside. Soon after, someone invited me to a Facebook group where one of the moderators posted a beautiful flyer and a journal she had designed. I reached out to her and we connected. I hired her company, IBG Publishing, and she not only published my journal but also helped to expand my brand, and to increase my social media presence. I celebrated with a Virtual Launch party, July 3, 2020! 


Do you believe a book cover plays an important role in the selling process?


 

Yes, absolutely! You can have the most amazing, educational, entertaining information in your book, but if your cover doesn’t catch anyone’s eyes, or speak to anyone’s heart, it’s just amazing, educational, entertaining information no one will ever get their hands on. And in turn, never have a life-changing experience from your work or service.


How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?


This journal wasn’t nearly as hard to write as my first book, because that one was completely from scratch. However, for this one, over the years I had written articles, done speaking engagements, facilitated workshops, classes, and seminars. My approach is to write everything down in script form. So, I was able to take most of my work and put it together as best as I could and add any other relevant information from my research. Then I hired an editor to organize and structure it.


As far as tips, I can certainly share a few.


Be sure to hire someone who understands your culture and background.


Do your research to find the best publishing company, or if you self-publish, research tips on the best practices.


Be very patient with yourself and the process. 


What other books are you working on and when will they be published?


I am working on a second edition of my first book, Secrets of a Good Wife: Sex Truths and Other Marriage Essentials. It’s due to be published in January 2021.


What’s one fact about your book that would surprise people?


In one section of my journal, Where it all Went Wrong, I shed light on how negative beliefs and views about sex got started in the church in the first place, and how to change those beliefs. I believe this information is so vital for people to know. It can have the most impactful, life-changing effect on how people view and engage in the sexual experience., which is one of my main goals.


Finally, what message are you trying to get across with your book?


That sexual pleasure is a woman’s birthright and a gift from God to bask in, cherish, engage in and be enjoyed. God designed her body so there is no reason to reject it or be repelled by it. Love you, receive you, be in harmony with you. When she transforms her relationship with sex it will bring joy, bliss, and happiness to her intimate life as well as her marriage.


About the Book
 


The Mis-Education of the church Girl is a Personal Journal of Self-Discovery that sheds light on damaging messages about sex, sexuality, and self-love.

This journal will help you:

  • Unpack negative beliefs about sex,
  • Uncover obstacles to sexual joy
  • Unleash your potential for sizzling and fulfilling sexual intimacy

It is loaded with journal activities, action steps, heart-opening exercises, amazing health benefits, and a few surprises to help move you toward a transformed mind and a new relationship with your sexual self.

Discover and embrace your right to pleasure!

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2E0g8zr

 


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone i know there is someone somewhere reading this,My name Narash Sing from Leicester city,England,I want to share a great work of a spell caster called Dr ogunsnya my husband and i had a fight which led to our divorce but when he left me a part of me left with him and i was to sad and cried all day and night i was searching something online when i saw people testifying about his great work and i just decided to give him a try i did everything he told me to do and he assured me that after 24 hours my husband will come back to me,the next morning to my greatest surprised a car stopped outside my house and it was my husband i'm so happy he can also help you email him at
    (drogunsnya@gmail.com)
    WhatsApp +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.